Serve as: Starter,lunch,dinner
There’s nothing like waking up late on Sunday after a great Saturday night with loved one's.
I love to start the day with some awesome light breakfast(peanut butter toast with banana and honey 🍯) and cooking my family favourites for lunch.
After looking at @monikamanchanda recent daal poori post - I've decided to make some methi masala pooris and velluli karam((spicy garlic powder - in going to share recipe soon)) which is loved by Mr.M and my favourite too...😋😋
We usually prefer having some masala chaas after a heavy brunch and much needed after spicy foods..
This Methi pooris are made with fresh fenugreek leaves(homegrown),
Chaana dal, Urad dal and adding some spices.
This masala puri ideal for days you want to tuck into something nice and crunchy.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Seves 4
- 1/2 cup moong dal and 1/2 cup chaana dal(yellow split peas) soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1 cup, fenugreek leaves (methi) finely chopped
- 2 cups, whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp, green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp, chili powder
- 1 tsp ajwain ( carom seeds)
- 1 tsp, ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Oil for frying
- Grind the soaked moong dal into a fine paste without using any water.
- In a large bowl, add all the other ingredients along with ground dal and knead into a smooth and medium stiff dough using very little water. Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- After resting the dough, knead well once more and divide the dough into small equal portions.
- Heat oil for frying. Roll out the dough balls into puris.
- Slide in the pooris and let fry till golden brown. Drain excess oil and serve hot with desired accompaniment.