Serve as: Dinner/Lunch
Capsicum potato Curry – Sauteed green bell pepper potato curry is simmered in onion, tomato, nuts gravy.
This curry goes well with roti, paratha, chapatia nd even rice too. Its so easy to make that i prepare this curry once a week. It’s dear hubby’s favorite too.!!
For kids friendly and beautiful looking curry, you can use red, orange or yellow bell peppers, instead of only green one.
This curry is bit of creamy. because I added roasted peanuts and cashew nuts powder in it. This nuts powder will make the gravy little grainy, So it has some texture or bite. If you want smooth gravy then make nuts paste by adding little water into grinder. It is quite healthy.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- 1 1/2 cup capsicum or bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium size chopped potato
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cup tomatoes chopped
- ¾ tsp red chili powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 green chili
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
To roast & blend
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 1 tspn peanuts
- 1 tbsp Dry coconut
- 3/4 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tspn fennel seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tspn coriander seeds
- Dry roast all the ingredients given above on a light flame. Set aside to cool.
- Pour oil to the same pan, add one finely chopped onion, green chili and fry till golden.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Fry till the mixture gets cooked well and begins to leave the sides of the pan. Cool completely.
- Grind the peanuts, coconut and onions tomatoes mixture, together with little water to a smooth paste.
How to make capsicum curry
- Heat the same pan with oil. Then add cumin, cardamom and curry leaves.
- When the cumin begins to sizzle, add capsicum and potaoes. Next fry on a high flame for 3 to 4 mins.
- Pour the ground mixture and any spice powders to adjust to your taste. Also pour water as needed.
- Let it simmer till the gravy reaches the desired consistency and capsicum potato is cooked.
- Sprinkle kasuri methi, stir well. Over cooking will make the capsicums soggy, so switch off in time.
- Serve capsicum curry with pulao , chapathi or any of your favorite dish.