KFC is trialing the latest fast food craze: vegetarian and vegan items. Known as the ‘Imposter’ burger (not to be confused with Burger King’s ‘Impossible’ burger which is also vegetarian) it is made from a meat-free Quorn fillet coated in the Colonel's original recipe of 11 secret herbs and spices, along with some iceberg lettuce and vegan mayo. It's also available as a wrap and salad.
By itself the burger costs £2.99. Add a drink and it’s £3.49. The burger is being trialled for four weeks in these stores from 17 June 2019:
- Bristol - Fishponds
- Bristol Bradley Stoke
- Bristol - Winterstoke Road
- Bristol - Eastgate Retail Park
- Bristol - Avonmeads Retail Park
- Bristol - Shield Retail Park
- Bristol - Keynsham
- Bristol - Hengrove Leisure Park
- Bristol - The Venue Cribbs Causeway
- Birmingham - Great Bridge Retail Pk
- Bloxwich - Leamore Lane
- Cannock - Orbital Retail Park
- Tamworth - Ventura Retail Park
- Tyburn - Kingsbury Road
- Walsall - Junction 10 M6 Services
- Walsall - Park Street
- Dudley - Merry Hill Food Court
- Stourbridge - St Johns Road
- Dudley - Merry Hill Drive Thru
- London – Gloucester Road
KFC have had vegetarian options in other countries for years including the Veg Paneer Zinger Burger in India.
However I'm not holding on to the hope KFC UK will keep its vegan burger on the menu for long. McDonald's once did a Quorn burger, which was delicious, but got pulled after only 8 weeks.