Serve as: Starter/Breakfast
A fresh and vibrant Orange Basil Seeds juice that’s just bursting with healthy, fresh ingredients. It’s super easy to whip up and will give you the best start to the day during the warmer months!
Spring is finally in the air! So today we’re celebrating with an Orange Basil Seeds juice! This recipe is loaded with good things and SUPER easy to make.
Basil Seeds is commonly known as "Sabja Seeds" in India and it's used extensively in drinks like Falooda/Sherbet especially during summer days.
It acts as natural coolant for our body and prevent from excess heat related diseases during summer.
After soaking sabja seeds in water, it expands its size upto 20-30 times and it has good amount of dietary fibre,so after having, it makes you to feel full for longer time and now a days it's extensively used in weight loss.
Also these seeds have good amount of vitamin k,iron and protein,these nutrients are essential for your skin and hair,so include this in your diet regularly to make your hair and skin shine
It’s perfect for loading up on nutrients and delicious flavors at the same time, so here’s what you need to make it:
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- Orange - 2
- Lemon - 1/2
- Honey - to taste
- Basil Seed/Sabja Seed - 1 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup approx
- Mint leaves - for garnishing
- Soak the basil in water for 30 mins. Cut the oranges and squeeze the juices from it .
- Then squeeze 1/2 lemon into it.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, soaked basil seed into juice mixture.
- Finally add honey as per your taste.
- Mix it well, that's it, Orange juice with basil seeds is ready.
- Serve it with some fresh mint leaves