Serve as: Lunch/Dinner
Got some rice and eggs? Turn them into famous scrumptious one pot meal – Egg Biryani.
One of the famous Indian one pot meal biryani using hard boiled eggs. It has amazing flavors. Biryani has become one of my all time Sunday recipes. I guess I have posted 2 biryani recipes – Paneer Biryani and Vegetable Biryani past. Now this is the third one!
Oh..!! ya listen you can make the Biryani and just have it with no Eggs also. It still tastes great.
I used to be really scared 😨 to prepare biryani. I thought it was a big thing, and it is best to be eaten in restaurants. But i realized recently iam completely wrong.
And it is great to have by itself or with any raita 😉 and especially with garlic raita and homemade papad.yl>
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Total: 75 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Eggs – 4 nos.
- Onion – 1 (Slice it thin)
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Curd – 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mint – ½ cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Bay leaf – 3
- Star anise – 2
- Clove – 6
- Cinnamon stick – 2
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp + ½ tsp
- Pepper corn – 1 tsp
- In a pot add water and gently place the eggs in it. Allow it to boil well and cook the eggs. When the eggs look cooked drain the water and deshell the eggs and keep it aside.
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 20 minutes. I soaked rice in 2 cups water with which I cooked the rice as well.
- Heat oil in a small pan and add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, peppercorn and 2 tsp cumin seeds.
- When it starts cracking and aromatic switch off the flame.
- Now cook soaked rice with enough water, salt, few mint leaves and tempering.
- Mix well and allow it to cook till done. When the rice looks cooked fluff it gently and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil and ghee in a pan add the remaining whole spices fry for 2 min ans add sliced onions and saute well.
- Saute the onions in low to medium flame till the onions caramelize or gets brown in color.
- When the onions look caramelized take a spoonful of onions and keep to a side for dum.
- Now add mint and saute till they shrink, then add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Now add boiled eggs and toss it in caramelized onions. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well in a way that egg gets coated well in masala.
- Add curd to it. Mix it well then add the rice mixture over the egg mixture.
- Now garnish the rice with few mint leaves, few fried onion and some ghee.
- Close it with a lid and let it dum for 15 minutes. During this time the rice will be cooked even more.
- Now place the biryani pan on top of a tawa and cook for 5 minutes on high flame and next 10 minutes in low flame.
- When done turn off the flame and fluff the rice gently and serve it hot with raita!