Serve as: Refreshment Drink
With the mango season upon us, now is the perfect time to enjoy mango lassi!
Mangoes! Yeah, they are delicious and more than half of Indians are obsessed with them.
I am not kidding! But I am not one of those. I like mangoes but I am not obsessed with them.
Anyway when mangoes are in season, I love making Mango Lassi. I am sure most of you are familiar with this popular drink.
You only need some basic ingredients and few minutes to put it all together.
A lot of times lassi is made using “yogurt only”, traditionally that’s how it was made. But I like to add little milk to my lassi since I don’t like it super thick.
You can use all yogurt if you aren’t a fan of adding milk. You can also add saffron or a splash of rose water/Vanilla Extract for extra flavors but that is optional.
For best taste and flavor use mango pulp from fresh mangoes although you can use canned mango pulp.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1 cup yogurt [I used plain yogurt]
- 1/2 cup milk, or cold water
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 4-5 ice cubes
- pistachios, to garnish, optional
- saffron strands, to garnish, optional
- Blend together yogurt with mango pulp, milk or water, sugar cardamom powder and ice cubes until smooth.
- Pour mango lassi into glasses. Garnish with pistachios and saffron strands (optional).
- Serve chilled.