Serve as: Dessert
The perfect Mini Donut recipe! These cute, buttery, tender donuts are baked then sprinkled powdered sugar on top and they’ll leave everyone craving more! Easy to make and no frying mess here.
It’s the summer so of course that means you need to treat yourself and youre family to a delicious dessert.
I (we) finally bought a of mini doughnut pan this week so I decided to put them to good use and make these soft and fluffy Sugar Mini Doughnuts!
They are little bites of heaven and isn’t everything just better in miniaturized form?
These mini donuts are amazing for days when it seems like you don’t have enough time to do anything. It takes more time to preheat the oven than it does to make the batter. Unlike the typical fried donuts, these baked ones stay fresh longer.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the Topping
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon(optional)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly oil mini donut pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until just combined (mixture will look curdled).
- Add in the baking powder, salt and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the flour just until combined. You don't want to over-mix this batter.
- If using mini donut pan, transfer mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or into a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Pipe into the pan only filling 1/2 of the way fill.
- Bake at 325ºF for 8-10 minutes. . Allow to cool just slightly before dipping in topping.
- Melt the butter for the topping and set aside. Combine the cinnamon powder and sugar together in a small bowl. Dip each donut lightly in the melted butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar.