Serve as: Lunch/Dinner
If you love Indian curries as much as I do, then this Cauliflower curry is perfect meal when you need something hearty and delicious on the table fast!
&How many of you roast cauliflower before making curry??? I do it every single time.
I love the smell that comes when you roast cauliflower. Roasted cauliflower adds a lovely flavour to the gravy.
So Next time try roasting the cauliflower florets before adding to the gravy. I am sure you would love it.🙌🙌
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- Cauliflower (medium) - 1 number
- salt 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- chilli powder 1 tsp
- 2 chopped onion (medium)
- 1 tsp ginger (crushed)
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed) 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- 1-1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 large tomato (large)
- chopped coriander leaves
- chopped curry leaves
- Cut the caulifower into uniform medium size florets. Clean it well and drain the florets.
- Marinate it with salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder (listed under marination). Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the cauliflower florets. I personally like caulifower when it is fried.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, curry leaves and some salt. Salt absorbs moisture from onion and helps onion to get cooked fast. Saute it well until onions turn light brown. Add crushed ginger and garlic and saute it well for 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Add oil and saute it really well. Add chopped tomatoes and saute it. ** It is very important to roast the spices well until the raw smell goes.
- Once tomatoes are cooked, add 2 tbsp water to the gravy. Mix it. Then, add fried cauliflower florets and chopped coriander leaves.
- Adjust salt in the gravy. Cover and cook for around 10 minutes in low flame. Cauliflower gets well coated with masala.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot
- If you wish to have it drier, you can make it further dry by sauteeing it for another 5 minutes in medium flame. Serve it with Roti or any other Indian bread or Pulao. Enjoy 🙂