Serve as: Festival food
🌹🌹May the day bring happiness to you and fill your life with prosperity and joy. Happy SriRama Navami.
Sri Rama Navami is very famous telugu festival. On this auspicious day people fast and make Lord Rama’s Favourite food for Neivedyam(Panakam, vadapappu). The whole day people chant Rama Namam: “Shri Rama Rama Rameti, Rame Rame Manorame;
Sahasrenama tattulyam, Rama Nama Varanane".🙏🙏🙏
The special dishes of Rama Navami are Panakam and Vadapapu.
Panakam: A cool Energy with made of Jaggery(Bellam), Dry ginger powder (podi Allam), pepper powder, Cardamom powder(elakula podi), Tulsi Leaves, Lemon Juice (Nimmarasam), salt (uppu).
Vada Pappu: is the salad, made of Moong dal (pesara pappu), Lime Juice (nimma Rasam), Green Chilli (karam), Grated Coconut(kobbari), Cucumber(dosa kaya) and salt.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- Powdered jaggery – one cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Lemon – 2 nos.
- Dried ginger (powdered) – 1 ½ tsp.
- Crushed cardamom – 2 nos.
- Crushed pepper & salt – ½ tsp.
- One cup yellow moong dal
- Green chilli – 3 to 4
- Ginger grated 1 tea spoon
- Grated coconut 3 tea spoons
- Salt to taste
- Lemon or raw Mango Juice 3 tea spoons
- Mix the jaggery in water and dissolve it well.
- Filter it and add lemon juice, dried ginger powder, cardamom, pepper and salt.
- Mix well and serve chilled.
- This not only quenches the thirst; it is also cooling during the summer.
Vada Pappu method:
- Soak moong dal for an 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and add grated coconut, chopped cucumber and green chilies to the moong dal.
- Add salt as required and pour lemon juice and mix well.