Muntha Kinda Pappu literally means in English 'Lentils beaten up in Coconut Shell! ' :-)
This is a popular Andhra version of Chat variety that is mostly seen at Street Food Carts.
We used to die for this type of Street Foods when we are growing up. Palli Batani, Mokka Jonna Pottu (Roasted Corn), Pani puri and some more names that are floating in mind.
Its perfect namkeen chat pata snack on the monsoon evening. Oh those memories...!
Got Inspired? Here is the easy peasy recipe of Pidata Kinda Pappu, make some Now and Njoy! :-)
Best served as: Street food
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- Murmur- 2 cups
- Poha - 1 cup
- Onion- 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies -1 finely chopped (optional)
- Lemon juice 1 tspn
- Roasted peanuts n dalia/putnalu– 1 tsp (optional)
- Melted Ghee- 1tsp (optional)
- Chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Garam masala - pinch
- Deep fry murmura and poha. Take into tissue paper drain excess oil.
- Take murmur and poha in a deep pan/vessel add roasted peanuts, mixture, ghee, onions, green chilies, and mix well
- Add salt, red chili powder, garam masala, lemon juice, coriander and mix thoroughly that murmur and poha absorbs all the flavors and become little soft.
- Now serve with some chopped onions sprinkled on top with some garam chai.