Indian Style Mirapakaya bajji Recipe is an authentic snack from South India. The long green chilies are de seeded and stuffed with a spicy Ajwain and sesame mixture and then dipped into a besan batter and fried till it crisps up.
The stuffing in the chillies in an important part of the recipe which gives a flavor to the chillies.
The stuffing used to make these bajjis can be made in various ways but, here I am sharing the typical way of making the stuffing which is commonly used in hyderabad streets.
Serve the Mirapakaya bajji Recipe along with hot cup of tea for your evening snack.
If you are looking for more Tea Time snack recipes here are some:
Best served as: Starter/Snack
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- 8 Mirchi Bajji
- Some Oil to deep fry
- 1/2 cup tamarind pulp
- 1/2 cup Roasted Sesame seeds powder
- 2 tsp Ajwain seeds (crushed)
- To Salt
For bajji coating/batter
- 1 cup Besan powder
- 2 tsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Hot oil
- 1 tsp Ajwain seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 1 pinch Cooking soda
- Soak tamarind in hot water n keep to a side.
- Prepare stuffing - take a bowl extract tamarind pulp(thick) Add slightly crushed ajwain seeds, salt, sesame seeds powder mix well.
- Clean chilli and tap with dry cloth. Slit in the middle and remove seeds.
- Now stuff the above into mirchi using spoon and keep it aside
- Take a pan add oil to deep fry and heat it on low flames.
- Prepare batter - Take a bowl add all ingredients mentioned under For batter mix well, at last add above 1 tsp hot oil and mix well.
- Drop pinch of batter in oil if oil is hot, batter will float up immediately.
- Now dip stuffed mirchi in batter and coat it well in batter and drop it into hot oil.
- Fry mirchi bajji fry on both sides till it changes colour and take it out into the plate.
- That's it yummy and tasty stuffed mirchi bajji is ready.Serve with hot chai/tea with chopped onion and lemon.