Cool weather brings pomegranates to the market and table just as many other fruits are disappearing.
This is one recipe which i discovered recently. I had a bunch of pomegranates on hand, i was not sure what to make with them. Ofcourse i can eat them as it is, but i want to create some different recipes using that.
When i searched i came across this recipe. Now its in my fridge all the time, i have it whenever i feel little tired. Make some tea, and let me know how it turns out!
You can keep it in the fridge and enjoy the tea for up to 1 month, so make a lot and drink tea with your friends and family, or give it as a gift to someone you love!
How to seed pomegranates
- Wash a pomegranate in cold water and dry with a cotton cloth.
- Place it on a cutting board and cut it in half crosswise.
- Take one half over a large bowl and tap the skin with a wooden spoon with the other hand. Keep turning it around, tapping until all the seeds are out.
- Pick out some broken membranes.
- Take the other half and repeat the same process to remove the seeds from the skin.
- Keep the seeds in the fridge until chilled before serving or make tea.
Best served as: Hot Drink / Beverage
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- 1½ cups pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup sugar
- Place the pomegranate seeds in a bowl. Crush them coarsely with a pestle about 15 to 20 times.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Put the mixture in a glass jar. Make tea right away, or keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.