Serve as: Starter / Breakfast
Spicy Kobbari Atukulu (Telugu) / Spicy grated coconut poha. Amma's reciepe..!!🙌🙌
It's so simple yet flavorful dish where poha is flavored with fresh coconut, green chilli, sesame seeds and fresh coriander leaves.
The flavor of coconut and fresh coriander shines through and the scent of the spices makes it special.
It is an amazingly flavorful dish that you can prepare when unexpected guests drop by.
It is light on the stomach yet filling enough to see you through the morning hours before lunch.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- Poha 2 cups, (beaten rice/atukulu/aval)
- Salt to taste
To grind to a paste:
- Coconut 1/3 cup, fresh and grated
- Green chilis 2
- Coriander leaves 3/4 cup, fresh and chopped
- Sesame seeds 1 tspn
- Chopped coriander leaves
- sesame seeds 1/2 tspn
- Freied peanuts (Optional)
- Dry roast poha and keep to a side.
- Now Grind grated fresh coconut, fresh coriander leaves, green chilis, Sesame seeds and salt coarsly.
- Add coconut mixture in roasted poha along with 2 tspns of oil, chopped coriander and sesame seeds. Mix well everything.
- Serve and enjoy