Serve as: Lunch/Dinner
Sorakai/Bottle Guard roti pachadi.
This sorakaya chutney is a special vegetarian SouthIndian style pachadi.
The recipe is quite simple and all you need to do here is just peel and dice the bottlegourd pieces, cook them with spicy ingredients and also a slight tempering and blending them into a coarse paste(I used motar to make paste).
These pacahadi goes very well with chapathis and rice too.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- 200 g sorakaya / Bottle gourd Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2-3 Green chilli
- Coriander seeds
- 1/2 inch Ginger chopped
- 1 tsp Jaggery
- Salt To taste
- Chopped Coriander
For the tempering
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3-4 Dry red chillies
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add sorakaya and salt and cover and cook lauki on low heat until it is softened.
- Add green chilli, fresh coriander seeds, ginger, tamarind, chopped coriander along with sorakai into pan and then grind to make a coarse chutney.
- For the tempering. Heat oil in pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add chana dal and mustard seeds and let it fry until it turns slightly brown.
- Add dry red chilli and curry leaves and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Switch off the heat and Immediately pour the tempering over the chutney.
- Mix well and serve with Rice or Paratha.