Serve as: Pudding/Dessert
This MahaShivratri may Lord Shiva bless you and your family with peace and prosperity.
Maha Shivaratri is a Hindu festival celebrated annually in honor of Lord Shiva. There is a Shivaratri in every luni-solar month of the Hindu calendar, on the month's 13th night/14th day, but once a year in late winter and before the arrival of Summer, marks Maha Shivaratri which means "the Great Night of Shiva".
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Sugar/Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cashews 1 tbspn
- Raisins - 1 tbspn
- Cardommon - 2
- Ghee - 2 tbspns
- Wash and soak the rice for 20-30 minutes in little water.
- Drain out the water and dry by placing in a paper towel for 5 - 10mins. Untill the excess water is gone.
- Now place the pat-dried rice grains in mixer and grind this very coarsely without any water.
- Dont grind for more than 10secs. you should be able to get broken rice grains.
- Boil milk and add this broken rice grains, sugar , broken elaichi, grated fresh coconut and boil this till rice gets cooked.
- Fry cashews and raisins in ghee and add this to the boiling payasam.Cook for few mins till u get the consistency you wish for and turn off.
- Cool off ,Refrigerate and serve just a bit chilled.