Crispy deep fried mashed potatoes balls with homemade chilli sauce.
I don’t know about you, but I love potatoes and these potato balls are one of my favorite ways to have them..!!
Whenever I have so many potatoes at home, I make this fabulous snack treat, or you can make them to serve as a side dish in your next party..!!
Best served as: Starter
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4
- 2 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 to 3 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- Oil for frying
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook Little potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Add in salt, sriracha sauce (one tablespoon for very mild spice, three tablespoons for extra spicy, or anywhere in between!), and garlic powder and stir until combined.
- Roll potatoes into one-inch balls, place on a tray and refrigerate until chilled and firm (about 30 minutes in the fridge or 10 minutes in the freezer).
- In one medium bowl, beat the eggs. In another medium bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip mashed potato balls in egg, then coat in bread crumb mixture, and set aside.
- Heat one-inch of oil in a deep pan over medium heat and deep fry mashed potato balls in oil for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel and serve.