A young businessman was left shocking after his £125,000 gold-plated Lamborghini burst into the flames on the motorway.
Lak Sira, 22, said he was nearly killed after his Lamborghini Gallardo went up in smoke as he drove along the M6 with his girlfriend - just an hour after a £10,000 service.
Lak Sira was on his way to London and pulled over on the hard shoulder near Birmingham, West Midlands after smelling petrol.
After hearing a loud bang, the pair quickly jumped out of car before it became engulfed in flames.
Describing what happened, Sira said:
"We had only gone one junction when my girlfriend smelt petrol in the car, so I called the garage’s mechanic. He said ‘the car has just been for a service and it is usual to smell a bit of fuel’, so there wasn’t a problem.
So we carried on a bit further and my girlfriend asked me to open the windows, because the smell of fuel had got that strong. I stopped on the hard shoulder, between J5 and J6, to remove the roof but then the next thing was we heard a loud bang, it was like a firework going off, and the back of my car caught fire.
I just had to watch helplessly as the car which I had worked so hard to buy went up in smoke."
"We nearly died, if I didn’t pull over when I did I dread to think what happened. It was very frightening and my girlfriend is scared to get in any car with me now."
I worked ’24/7 for four years in order to buy this car’, which he purchased a year and a half ago.
A Fire Service confirmed 10 firefighters attended to the scene at 8.54pm, extinguishing the flames.
Lak, who earns £200,000 a year running an online business, has blamed the garage's negligence and said he is looking at taking legal action against the dealership.