Serve as: Breakfast
Juicing is a great way to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your diet. This delicious Beet Ginger Detox Juice will nourish your body and help rid it of toxins.
Personally, it’s my favorite juice..!!
I love to drink this juice in the morning to start our day. Beetroot contain high amounts of nitrate (not to be confused with the cancer-causing sodium nitrite added to cured meats), which is converted to nitric oxide. Nitric oxide helps to thin the blood and widen blood vessels. Both of these outcomes are important for cardiovascular health and exercise performance.
There’s no need to take a pre-workout supplement full of artificial additives if you can have the real, fresh, nature-made stuff, amiright? Trust me, your body will thank you for this delicious juice.
Here’s the top 6 benefits of beetroot:
- Improves Blood Flow
- Reduce Blood Pressure
- Detoxifies The Liver
- Helps with Iron Deficiency and Anemia
- Good for Muscles (may increase muscle strength)
- Treats Inflammation
This beet juice can be made in 10 minutes from start to finish and you only need 3 ingredients.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- 1 large beet, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Wash and scrub vegetables. I also peeled the ginger and beet skins to prevent dirt getting into the mix.
- Roughly chop vegetables into 2-inch sections so they will fit into a blender.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until very small pieces are formed.
- Pour the beet mix into the glass and drink juice immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.