Best served as: Dinner/Lunch
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- Thin rice noodles1/2 packet
- Green Peas 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger finely chopped 1 inch piece
- Onion finely chopped 1 medium
- 1 tsp channa dal
- Green chillies slit 2
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Heat five cups of water, bring it to a boil, add thin noodles, salt and two tablespoons of oil. Cook till just done.
- Drain, refresh under cold water and keep aside. Heat remaining oil in a pan, temper with cumin seeds, channa dal and curry leaves.
- Add ginger and onion. Sauté well till the onion turns light brown. Add green chillies and stir.
- Add cooked noodles, salt and stir gently.
- Cook for five to six minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in lemon juice and stir gently. Serve hot.