Serve as: Breakfast
Why is it that when you are stuck at “what should we cook today” the answer is always “make some potato”...!! Potatoes are like this…extremely popular and have multipurpose usage.
And did you always think that eating a potato will make you fat?
Well, don’t – it is a surprising source of vitamin C and provides useful amounts of starch, thiamine and niacin and around a hundred grams will provide about eighty calories.
Did you know that...!!
Here im going to show you how to make filling for SouthIndian Masala Dosa
Equipments Used: Kadai (Wok) / Heavy Bottomed Pan, Cast Iron Tawa/ Flat Skillet
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- 4 Potatoes peeled, boiled and mashed
- Onions sliced 3 medium
- 2 medium carrot grated
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Curry leaves 4-6
- Green chillies slit 3
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Heat oilin a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds andonce the mustard seeds and add asafoetida.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies and onions. Immediately add a pinch of salt, turmeric and mix well and saute till the onions are golden.
- Now add grated carrot and mix well and cook for about 2 min.
- Now add mashed potatoes and half the coriander leaves and mix well.
- Sprinkle a little water and mix well, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and cook for two to three minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining coriander leaves on top. Serve hot with dosa.