Serve as: Breakfast
Masala Dosa is a variant of the popular South Indian food.
This is the one food that I can devour for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or food that just comforts me or food that has satiated my hunger.
This popular South Indian dish has been listed as the ‘Top 10 Foods to Try before You Die’.
This Masala Dosa is made by stuffing lightly cooked potatoes, onions, green chilies and spices. Make sure that the batter is fermented well and your Masala Dosa(Potato,carrot and onion curry) will surely taste divine!
Equipments Used: Cast Iron Tawa/ Flat Skillet
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- For Masala Dosa
- 2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tbspns poha
- 1/4 cup refined oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- To prepare the batter for Masala Dosa, wash and soak the rice (with fenugreek added into it) and urad dal in separate containers for approximately 6-8 hours/overnight
- Once the rice and urad dal are soaked well, grind them separately in a mixer by adding poha, till the mixture gets a smooth consistency.
- Take the batter of both the ingredients in a bigger container and add salt to it. Allow it to ferment overnight.
- Now take a dosa tawa and heat it on low-medium flame. Rub a little oil on it to prepare the dosa. When the tawa is hot, pour and spread the batter evenly into a circular motion.
- While the colour of dosa's edges turns into brown, reduce the flame and sprinkle few drops of oil on the dosa sides. Fold the dosa. Serve hot Masala Dosa with onion potato carrot curry.