The weather outside is frightfull but the Masala Butter Milk Inside is so Delightfull..!!!
Sunday afternoon treat - Indian spicy masala Butter Milk
Indian masala chaas/ Butter Milk is the ideal summer drink(im having in cold winter weather😀) Made with yogurt, water and some spices, it’s not only light and refreshing but also good for you!
This is mildly spicy and tangy, usually savoured after meals to improve digestion or before meals as a stomach cleanser.
Best served as: Starter
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- 1 green chilli
- few coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger / adrak
- 1 cup yogurt / curd, thick
- generous pinch asafoetida / hing
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder, roasted
- 1 cup water
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin
- few curry leaves / kadi patta
- Firstly, in a blender take coriander leaves, green chilli and ginger. Add 1 cup thick curd.
- Add generous pinch of hing, cumin powder and salt.
- Furthermore, add 1 cup of water. and blend frothy.
- Transfer the buttermilk to the large jug.
- Add in few ice cubes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tempering by heating up ghee in a pan, add jeera and curry leaves.
- Allow it to splutter and pour over chaas.
- MIx well with a large spoon.
- Finally, pour masala chaas or spiced buttermilk into glass and serve chilled.