Doctors pumped 5 litres of beer into a patient's stomach in a desperate bid to save his life as he lay unconscious in his hospital bed.
Nguyen Van Nhat was at risk of dying of alcohol poisoning when medics decided to fill his stomach with 15 cans of beer.
Doctor revealed, that level of methanol in the 48-year-old Nguyen Van Nhat blood was more than 1,000 times higher than the appropriate limit.
Doctors transfused one can of beer every hour until he was completely conscious at a hospital in the central Vietnamese province of Quang Tri.
Fifteen cans were used over the better part of a day.
To save his life, doctors immediately transfused 3 cans (one litre) of beer to slow down his liver's processing of methanol.
According to Dr. Lam, one can of beer was given to Mr Nguyen every hour, and after 15 cans were administered the patient was completely conscious.