Hope this auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti,
Connect you to some brightest moments,
Just as the kites dot the sky,
May you reach new heights of happiness,
Adding charm to your celebration.
Happy Makar Sankranti!
In frame Besan Peda
Don't sweat to make traditional sweets anymore,as this recipe of traditional, delicious, homemade Ghee Besan Peda (Gram Flour Peda) is the easiest and no-fail recipe, which will give you the best ever sweet at home!
Best served as: Dessert
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Quantity: Serves 3
- 1 cup besan (chickpea or gram flour)
- ½ cup cashews, made into powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. rose water
- ½ cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 2-3 green cardamoms, seeds crushed into powder
- Pistachios to garnish
- Add water and sugar in a pan and make one-string sugar syrup.
- Add rose water and cardamom powder.
- Grease a plate and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add besan and roast for 5-6 minutes, or until it turns light brown in color, continuously stirring it. Do not raise the heat or you will burn the besan.
- Add cashew flour and roast until it is incorporated well into the besan and ghee mixture.
- Lower the heat and add sugar syrup to the mixture, stirring vigorously using a whisk. Make sure it does not form any lumps.
- Cook for few more minutes until the mixture comes together and starts leaving the sides.
- Pour mixture on a greased plate and let it cool slightly.
- Take a small amount and roll on your palm to form pedas (discs).
- Garnish with chopped pistachios!