Masala peanuts is an easy snack recipe that can be rustled up in minutes. An ideal accompaniment with drinks and tea/coffee.
Masala Peanuts can be made with basic ingredients and can be stored in air-tight containers for over a week.
You can also add some chopped onions and green chillies before serving to give that special touch.
Best served as: Starter
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- Peanuts - 1 cup, lightly roasted & peeled
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Hing/Asafetida - ⅛ tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar - 1tsp
- Salt – ⅓ tsp
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the hing/asafetida and let it sizzle.
- Add the peanuts, red chili powder, salt and powdered sugar.
- Saute the peanuts on very low heat while tossing it around constantly.
- Masala peanuts are ready. Let them cool completely and transfer them to an airtight jar. Masala peanuts stay fresh for 2 - 3 weeks depending on the freshness of peanuts and cooking oil used in the recipe.
- Serve with chopped onions and green chilllies. (optional)