Serve as: dessert
Stepping into a new year & it gives us the opportunity, a new slate to begin from. It’s a new year, a new beginning. You can start anything which you were thinking of doing since long.
All we need is a little push from inside and we are ready to roll.
What’s on your bucket list for 2019? Do comment below and share your list. I would love to read & will share mine! Let’s make the most of 2019.
Let’s cook more and share more with our friends and family. Today’s recipe post has to be special because it’s the beginning of a new year and we celebrate new beginnings with “Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye”, right?
Carrot/Gajar Halwa is one dessert which is loved by all. Since it’s winters this is the perfect time to have carrot Halwa.
In this recipe, I have made Gajar ka Halwa without Khoya.
It is the basic and simplest recipe which anyone can try and make at home.
Perfect recipe for bachelors who are away from home and craving for carrot Halwa.
Make it and share with your Mom and she will be super happy - like i did
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 4
- 250 gms Carrots Red ones
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6-7 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Elaichi Powder
- 2 tablespoon ghee (measuring tablespoon)
- Chopped Almonds for garnish
- Wash, peel and grate carrots using a grater. You can use a food processor too.
- Heat ghee in a pan, saute grated carrorts on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Once done, add milk and keep stirring on low flame for 5 min.
- After this add sugar and mix it well. Keep stirring on low flame. After few minutes you will see everything will come together and ghee will start leaving from the sides.
- Switch off the flame and add cardamom powder.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds/pistachios and serve hot or cold.