Serve as: Dinner/Lunch
Tired of eating Red Tomato Pasta? Try this White Sauce Pasta! With its silky smooth and aromatic sauce made from butter, milk and all purpose flour (maida), it’s a guaranteed way to delight your taste buds.
Looking for products used in this recipe? Use the links below to purchase them or similar products here:
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2
- 1 Cup shell or any other pasta
- 2 Tbsp maida (all purpose flour)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 3 Cheese slices
- 1 Tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 Cups of milk (Using full fat milk)
- 1 Tsp chopped garlic
- 1 big red chilli
- 1/2 Cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 Tsp oil
- Salt to taste
Steps For Boiling Pasta:
- Boil some water in a medium sized vessel and add some salt to it.
- Add 1 cup of pasta to the boiling water. I have used shell pasta, but you can use your choice of pasta.
- Cook the pasta for around 7-10 min on a medium to high flame. Not very soft or very hard is the stage we are looking for.
- Drain the water using a sieve and run some cold water over the pasta to stop further cooking.
- Add 1 tsp oil and give it a mix and keep it aside.
Steps for Sauce:
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp butter. Once the butter heats up, add 1 tsp chopped garlic and saute it for a min till garlic becomes light brown in color.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped cauliflower. You can replace cauliflower with corns, peppers, mushrooms or broccoli as per your choice.
- Add 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper. Give it a good mix and sauté till cauliflowers are cooked.
- Add 1 chopped red chilli Sauté these for a min. Make sure not to overcook them.
- Add some salt to taste and cook it for a min. Keep it aside for now.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp butter.
- Add 2 tbsp maida/ all purpose flour. Keep stirring and cook it for few min. Cook it till its raw taste is gone whilst no change in color.
- Add 2 cup full fat milk and keep stirring it to avoid any lumps in the sauce.
- Once the sauce comes to boil, add 3 cheese slices and give it a good stir. Cook the sauce till it thickens.
- Add 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper and mix it well.
- In goes, the cooked cauliflower mixture to the sauce and give it a stir.
- Add the boiled pasta to sauce now and mix it well such that it gets a nice coat of sauce.
- Taste the pasta and adjust the amount of salt as per your taste.
- Pasta is now ready to be served. Enjoy!