Serve as: Dinner
On the occasion of International Men’s Day, I want to thank God for surrounding me with such amazing men(Dad and Mr.M) who are truly the best friends
Today i prepared Mr.M's fav curry capsicum masala curry with chapathi.
In this capsicum masala curry recipe, roasted sesame,poppy seeds and roasted peanuts provide a delightful and satisfactory experience to taste buds. ..
Follow this easy and tasty Indian curry recipe and indulge in spicy yet delicious capsicum curry.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 2 medium Green Capsicum
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated Dry Coconut
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 4 cashew nuts
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- Chopped Coriander
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 3/4 cup Water
- Add coriander seeds, grated coconut, dry red chilli, poppy seeds, cashew nuts,peanuts and sesame seeds in a pan and dry roast them over low flame until nice aroma comes for approx 2-minutes.
- Transfer them to a plate and let them cool for 3-4 minutes. Grind them in a grinder and make a fine masala powder.
- Heat oil in same pan or kadai over medium flame. Add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic, sauté until onion becomes light pink.
- Add chopped tomato and cook for 5 min.
- Add capsicum and sprinkle salt over it.
- Sauté capsicum until it turns tender but still crispy for approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix and cook for a minute.
- Add masala powder (prepared in step-1)
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water and let it boil over medium flame.
- Cook until gravy becomes thick or for 3-4 minutes and add chopped coriander