Another stir-fry recipe! This spinach stir-fry is super fast and easy too. Yay for easy recipes.
I personally love cooking stir-fried stuff because they are usually a one pan thing.
It’s cheap too, since there are not many ingredients and I suppose spinach shouldn’t be that hard to find? I sure hope so!
Doesn’t sound too hard, eh? And Spinach symbolises paper money, so this dish is good for your health.
Best served as: Lunch/Dinner
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Apart from the usual vegetable oil, salt, blahblahblah, you really only need 4 ingredients:
- toasted sesame oil
- Rinse the spinach well in cold water to make sure it's very clean.
- Spin it dry in a salad spinner, leaving just a little water clinging to the leaves.
- In a very large pan , heat the olive oil and saute the garlic, onion and red chilli over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it's browned.
- Add all the spinach, the salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it and cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted. Add salt and stir it for half min.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with the butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Serve hot with chapathis or plain white rice.