Serve as: Diner/Lunch
We all know that we should eat a variety of vegetables and fruits to get energy and maintain good health. Often we scratch our heads, thinking about what to make for today's meal.
Repeating the same old combination of veggies and spices can get boring. So, be bold, and try a new dish whenever you are in the mood to cook.
This mixed-vegetable curry is made of many veggies and spices. This curry is spicy, rich, and tasty.
You can serve this super-tasty side dish with plain rice, chapati, flatbread, or roti.
Take a look at this recipe, and try it!
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cauliflower
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Green Peas
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Cook the vegetables completely for 5 min in a microwave.
- While the vegetables are cooking, Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan over medium heat. and fry onion, green chilies, ginger, and garlic and grind into a smooth paste.
- Now add all the powdered spices including the garam masala.
- Stir and fry for 1min. You may even need to sprinkle some water now and then to prevent the masala from sticking and burning.
- When the masala is done (as above), add the mixed vegetables and stir gently. Season with salt to taste and cover it for 2 min. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till the vegetables are tender but not pulpy/ overcooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt till fully blended.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with Jeera Rice, plain rice, hot Chapatis or Parathas!