Serve as: Starter
Today's prasad Sheera (Sojji Halwa) to Goddess "Bala Thripura Sundari"
She is a form of Goddess Parvati. She is best known as the Devi extolled in the Lalita Sahasranama and as the subject of the Lalitopakhyana (story of the goddess Lalita) in Hinduism. ...Tripura Sundari (Parvati) is also the primary goddess associated with the Shakta Tantric tradition, known as Sri Vidya
Now coming to Sheera - A wonderful sweet that can be prepared in minutes. It does not require much advance preparation, and can be whipped up even at short notice. Rava sheera is traditional, yet modern in its simplicity, making it is a delight.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped raisins (kismis)
- 1 tbsp chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
- 1 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the semolina (rava) and saute on a slow flame for 6 to 8 minutes. , while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, raisins and cashewnuts and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.