Serve as: starter
An evergreen favourite with everybody, Spicy Corn chaat is also very easy to prepare.
In a matter of minutes, you can serve your loved ones a chatpata snack of juicy sweet corn kernels pepped up with zesty chaat masala and tangy lemon juice.
A dash of butter is very essential to bind the tongue-tingling masala with the crunchy corn, creating a rich and exciting experience.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp salt
- Boil 2 cup sweet corn kernels in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain off the water from kernels and transfer to kadai.
- Add in 1 tsp butter and roast on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Roast till the kernels turn aromatic and flavourful.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- fFnally, transfer the spicy corn chaat into cup and serve immediately.