A new snack to devour this party season , try out crispy fried Corn. You can munch on it with a steaming hot cup of tea or just have it anyway. You can also serve it as an appetizer at a party.
Best served as: Starter
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
Sweet corn - 1 cup
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Salt - ½ tsp
Red chili powder - ½ tsp
Oil - for frying
Green chili - 2 (finely chopped)
Green coriander - 1 to 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Lemon - ½ or 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Take a vessel, fill with 2 cups water.Turn on flame. Let the water boil.Put the sweet corn to boil in water for 5 to 6 minutes. Check if it seems puffy after 5 minutes.
2. Take it out from water.Put it in the sieve. Keep in bowl.
3. Add 2 tbsp cornflour, ½ tsp red chili powder,1/2 tsp salt. Mix all ingredients well, till sweet corn is coated. If it is still powdery, then add ½ or 1 tsp water.
4. Heat oil in wok. Check the oil. Once rightly hot, put the sweetcorn to fry.Spread it with a ladle. Keep the flame low medium and roast sweetcorn for 3 minutes.Fry for 1 to 2 more minutes on high flame. Gradually increase flame. Keep check on it.Cover the wok if corn splatters.
5. To take out the sweetcorn, Take an extra sieve, take out sweet corn, hold it on the edge of the wok. Meanwhile reduce flame, keep fried sweet corns in a plate. It takes 5 minutes to fry sweetcorn once.
6. For garnishing, take finely chopped green chili, green coriander, Add black pepper or dry mango powder. Add a little lemon juice to it. Mix all ingredients well.