Serve as: Dessert
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
1 cup sooji coarse, rava or semolina
1/3 cup coconut powder
1/4 cup clarified butter or ghee
3/4 cup fine sugar
2 tablespoons cashews crushed
1 tablespoon raisins
1/4 teaspoon cardamom crushed
Approx. 1/4 cup milk boiling hot
1. Heat one tablespoon of clarified butter in a small pan over medium low heat; roast the cashews for about 2 minutes until light golden brown. Add raisins and roast for another minute, raisins will be puffed. Turn off the heat and transfer them in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat the remaining clarified butter in a frying pan over low medium heat; add rava and roast until it changes the color lightly this should take 6-7 minutes. It is important to stir continuously making sure rava roast evenly.
3. Add coconut and roast stirring continually for about 2 more minutes. Add nuts, cardamom, and sugar stir until everything mix well. Turn off the heat.
4. Add about 2 tablespoons of hot milk, mix it well mix should be moist add more milk as needed.
5. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Make about 14 ladoos little smaller then golf ball, pressing about 1-1/2 tablespoon mixture between your palms. Add little more milk if you are enable to hold the mixture.
6.Garnish with almonds.
7. Serve them after at least one hour. Ladoos can be stored in air tight container for about 10 days.