Serve as: Dessert
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
1 cup Aata (wheat flour)
1/2 tbsp sugar powder
1 tsp raisins
1 tsp chopped almonds
- Take 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta) in a kadai or a thick bottomed broad pan.
- Keep the pan on a low flame or sim and begin to roast the whole wheat flour.
- You have to stir often while roasting the flour so that there is even roasting and browning.
- Roast till the color changes and you get nutty aroma from the atta for about 7 to 10 minutes on a low flame.Timing will vary with the material, size and thickness of the pan.
- Then add 1/3 cup ghee in the flour.
- Begin to mix very well.
- Keep on stirring and roasting this mixture for 3 to 5 minutes more. Again here timing will vary with the material, size and thickness of the pan.
- Do check the taste of the whole wheat flour and it should feel cooked. There should be no rawness in the taste.
- Switch off the flame. Keep the pan down and add the powdered sugar,almonds & raisins and mix very well with a spoon or spatula.
- Break the sugar lumps if any in the ladoo mixture. The ladoos mixture has to be mixed very well.
- When the mixture is still hot and the heat is tolerable to you, take a heaped size portion of it & make medium sized atta ladoos from this whole mixture.
- Once done, store atta ladoos in an air-tight box or jar.In the cold months, these stay good for a month. but in hot weather, do refrigerate.
- Serve atta ladoo & enjoy.