Serve as: Dessert
Nariyal Ka Ladoo or Coconut Ladoo, a delicious homemade sweet also can be serve as a candy. This is easy to prepare. One of the simplest recipe to make with few ingredients.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
2 cups coconut (fresh or desiccated)
1 cup milk (1/2 cup if using fresh coconut)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
cashews broken, as needed
1 tsp ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan, add nuts and roast till golden. Set them aside.
- To the same pan, add coconut, milk and sugar. If using desiccated coconut set the pan aside for 15 minutes for the coconut to soak well.
- Cook till the mixture thickens and all the moisture evaporates completely.
- Add cardamom powder and nuts. Mix well.
- Cool the mixture slightly. When it comes down to warm temperature, roll the mixture to balls. When they are still warm and moist you can also roll them in desiccated coconut.
- Store coconut laddu in an airtight jar and refrigerate. Use within 5 to 7 days.