Cuisine: North Indian
Serve as: Sweets
One of the popular ladoos often made during festive occasions. Besan ladoo is easy and healthy sweet which is made all over india.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- Besan 2 cups
- ¹/² cup ghee(If required add more)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tbsps raisins(kishmish)
1. Dry roast the besan in a kadai or pan on slow flame for about 11-12 mins.
2. Keep on stirring continuously right from the beginning so that the besan is not burned.
3. While roasting the besan, melt the ghee and keep aside.
4. After 11-12 minutes of total roasting time, add the melted ghee and continue roasting the besan for some more 5-6 minutes stirring continuously.
5. The besan would start to give a nice nutty fragrance and will start releasing ghee.
6. Once you get a strong nutty fragrance then switch off the fire.
7. Remove the pan from the stove and keep down.
8.Add powdered sugar.
9. Stir well so that no lumps are formed.
10. Add the powdered cardamom and raisins. You can also add chopped dry fruits at this stage. Stir well.
11. Once you have mixed the besan ladoo then let it cool down to room temperature.
12. Make small or medium sized besan ladoos and store them in air tight container.