A traditional sweet made with bottle gourd is prepared on festivals or eaten as a fruit diet on fasts. It is very easy to make, this fibrous and nutritious.
Best served as: Dessert
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
→ Ghee - 1-2 tablespoons.
→ Cashew nuts - 10-15 piece.
→ Raisins - 10-15 piece.
→ Semolina - 1 cup.
→ Bottle gourd(peeled and grated) - 1+1/2 cup.
→ Coconut (grated) - 2 tablespoons.
→ Cardamom powder - 2 pinch.
→ Sugar - 1 cup.
→ Roasted urad dal powder - 1 tablespoon.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cashew nuts, raisins and saute it.
- To it, add semolina and saute it till color is slightly changed. Later add grated bottle gourd and saute it for 3-4 minutes.
- In the same pan, add sugar and saute it on aslow flame, when the sugar is melting then switch off theflame.
- Add roasted urad dal powder and mix nicely.
- Apply ghee to the hand and make round laddu.
- Delicious BOTTLE GOURD LADDOO is now ready to serve.