An authentic dish which can be enjoyed in Lunch and dinner.
Best served as
Prep: 10.00 minutes
Cook: 15.00 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- Raw banana - 4 (500 grams)
- Mustard oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Green coriander - 2-3 tbsp
- Green chilly - 2 (finely chopped)
- Asafoetida - 1-2 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Mango powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp (as per taste)
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp ( or 1 inch piece grated)
- Chopped coriander - ¹/² cup
- Wash the raw banana thoroughly and cut them in three parts.
- Boil water in any utensil. When water starts boiling, add 1/2 tsp salt and banana chunks into it. Cook bananas for 8-10 minutes until they get soft.
- Strain the water and allow bananas to come at room temperature.
- Now peel the bananas and mash them finely. 4.Preheat oil in a pan. When oil is sufficiently hot, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, coriander powder, green chilly and ginger paste into it. Saute for while. Now add mashed bananas into it. Also add red chilly powder, salt, mango powder and green coriander and mix all ingredients nicely.
- Banana bharta is ready, take it out in a plate.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve banana bharta with chappati, parantha or rice and relish eating.