Cuisine: South Indian
Serve as: Breakfast
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Rava (semolina/sooji)
- 1/4 cup slightly sour Curd (yogurt)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Coriander
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 1/2 cup carrot,finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oil + for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
- Take rava, sour curd and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix well using spoon by gradually adding water (approx. 1-cup) until batter has thick yet watery consistency (like pancake batter or slightly thicker than dosa batter). Keep it aside for 20-minutes.
- Add onion, tomato, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves and 1 teaspoon oil in the batter.
- Mix well and again check for consistency. (Rava/semolina absorbs water as time goes by and batter becomes thick after some time due to that.) If required, add extra water and mix well to make sure that it has thick consistency.
- Heat non-stick tawa over medium flame. Add few drops of oil on the surface of tawa and spread it.
- When tawa is medium hot, reduce flame to low and pour a ladle full batter (approx. 1/2 cup) and spread it into the circle with the help of ladle.
- Drizzle 1-teaspoon oil around the edge.
- Cook until color of top surface changes from white to off-white and bottom side turns light brown for approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Flip it gently and cook another side over medium flame until bottom surface turns light brown in color, it will take around 1-2 minutes.
- Flip it again and cook for 30-seconds. Transfer it to a plate. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or tomato chutney.