Crispy potato skins fillings packed with a naughty cheesy filling are a comfort classic, super-easy to prepare and perfect party snack.
They're inexpensive, simple to make and, once you add your own toppings and cheese, become a satisfying mini-meal for your guests.
Let the oven do the work with these easy and healthy potatoes in their skin.
Each filling makes enough for one person, but it’s easy to scale them up to serve more people.
Best served as
Prep: 30.00 minutes
Cook: 30.00 minutes
Total: 60 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 4 medium baking potatoes such as russet, scrubbed clean
- oil for brushing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 table spoon bell peppers
- Prick the potatoes a few times with a fork and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about an hour.
- Let the potatoes cool, cut in half and scoop out the middle leaving about 1/8 inch of potato on the skin. Reserve the scooped out potato for another use like mashed potatoes.
- Brush the potato skins all over with the oil and bake in a preheated 450F/230C over for 10 minutes on each side.
- Mix the hot sauce and the melted butter.
- Season the inside of the potato skins with salt and pepper and sprinkle on the cheeses.
- Broil until the cheese has melted, just a few minutes.
- Serve while still warm, garnished with green onions and bell peppers.