Spicy pickles are an essential part of Andhra cuisine. As being an Indian I love Pickles very much. But I can't eat same pickle for long time. So I make pickles in small quantities and enjoy every Pickle.
This time I was carving for Pandu Mirapakaya /Palla Karam Pachadi So I made this Today.
It is the perfect combination with hot steamed rice and ghee.
Making this pickle is an easier task compared to the other ones.
You can have this within minutes just by grinding the required ingredients.
Cuisine: South Indian
Best served as: Side dish
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Quantity: 10 servings
For Dry Roast
- 3/4 tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreed seeds
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cups Red chillies - chopped
- Tamarind - small lemon sized
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- Little Asafoetida/hing
- Little Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Take a pan, add little jeera, mustard seeds and few fenugreek seeds.
- Dry roast well and grind to make fine powder. Keep aside.
- Now Grind the chillies, tamarind and salt into a coarse paste WITHOUT water.
- Take out into a mixie. Keep aside and proceed to prepare Tadka.
- Now in add oil to the pan, add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, asafoetida and saute.
- Now add ground red chilli paste and mix.
- Keep stirring and fry for 5 minutes. After that add the seasoning to the mixture .
- Finally add little sugar and fry again for 1 min.
- Dish out and store in an air tight container.
- Store in refrigerator to use for a week.
- This is eaten with rice & ghee. It also can be served as a side dish .