Serve as: Dinner
This is one of the easiest recipes that can be done under 15 minutes during busy morning hours.
I learnt this recipe from my MIL but made few changes according to my tastes buds.
Usually i make beetroot fry following my mom’s method and it tastes awesome but this recipe is much much easier than that version because it doesn’t need pressure cooking & grinding and it tastes equally yummy too.
U can make it with or without coconut .
So this recipe would be apt for bachelors and working girls/women to pack for their lunch box.
You can have this as a side dish for sambar rice,rasam.
Beetroot is one of those super foods that can do wonders to our body by boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure, improving digestion and providing us lot of essential minerals and Vitamins
Beetroot can be used to make a variety of dishes like salads, curry, stir fry, kootu, juice, chutney and can also be added to parathas.
This recipe i made here is a simple dry curry or stir fry and can enjoyed with rice as as well as rotis too.
One of the healthiest ways to prepare beetroot.
So here goes the simple recipe of beetroot stir fry.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2-4 people
- 2 medium size beetroot
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 green chilli - chopped
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- Channa dal
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 red chilli powder
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Steam the beetroot to your preference.(al-dente or fully cooked)
- Heat oil in a saute pan and add in the urad dal, chaana dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric powder. Let it splutter.
- Add in the green chilli, ginger. Fry for minute.
- Add in the steamed beetroot and saute until combined. Add in the shredded coconut and toss to combine.
- Adds salt and red chilli powder. mix well and cover it for 2-3 min.
- Remove from heat and serve with hot rice.