Healthy breakfast.Godhuma Pindi dosa / Wheat flour dosa / Atta flour dosa.
A quick instant atta dosa recipe to make an healthy breakfast or a meal with some easy peanut chutney.
To get the thin and crisp texture little rice flour is used.
However it is optional, you can make without rice flour too if you make a thick dosa or utthapam.
Atta dosa does not require fermentation and batter can be prepared within minutes.
Best served as
Prep: 15.00 minutes
Cook: 5.00 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Serves 3-4 people
(1 cup = 250 ML)
- 1/2cup wheat / atta
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp rava / semolina / sooji
- 1 tbsp curd / yogurt
- 1 cup water or as required
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp salt
- oil for roasting
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1/2 cup wheat, 1/2 cup rice flour, 2 tbsp rava and 1 tbsp curd add and 1 cup water. Whisk well making sure there are no lumps.
- Further add 1/2 onion, 1 inch ginger, 1 green chilli, 2 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp curry leaves, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp salt.
- Also add 1/2 cup water or as required and prepare a flowing consistency, else the dosa will not be crisp.
- Rest for 15-20 minutes or till flour absorbs water.
- Now check for consistency and add more water if required.
- Now heat a tawa, once the tawa is heated, reduce the heat to medium, pour a ladle of batter from the outside of the tawa, then fill in bigger gaps if any.
- Now drizzle a tsp of oil around the dosa and 1/2 tsp of oil on the dosa.(be a little generous with oil for this dosa- sesame seed oil is considered very healthy)
- Furthermore, let the base turn crispy golden brown. keep on medium flame to cook.
- Finally, serve instant wheat dosa immediately with peanut chutney.
Before making the next dosa, mix the batter well to avoid settling. You have to mix the batter every time before making every single dosa.
Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.