Cuisine: North Indian
Serve as: Appetizer
Hey, Sunday is here!
What will be your special treat for today? Here is something that will keep you mesmerized for this whole weekend. .
Its nothing but tongue tickling spicy paneer tikka wrapped in chapati or paratha.It is not only a unique way of enjoying paneer tikkas with routine paratha or chapati but also a healthy, stomach filling food that can simply liven up your taste buds.
Making paneer kathi rolls at home involves 3 steps,
1) Make spicy tikka for filling,
2) Make chapati for the wrap(i bought them from.supermarket) and
3) Combine both into a stuffed wrap.
It is a healthy, nutritious and quick recipe that you can easily prepare ate home. Perfect for tiffin dabbed too!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
Quantity: 3-4 servings
Ingredients For Stuffing:
- 1 cup Paneer cubes
- 1/4 cup Thick Curd
- 1/2 cup Green Capsicum (bell pepper), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium Onion, cut into thin slices
- Shredded Cabbage
- Shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Ingredients For Chapati Wrap:
- Chapthai wrap
- 1/4 cup Coriander Mint Chutney (for serving)
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced (for serving)
- Take thick curd, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder, chaat masala powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients to prepare a marinade. Add paneer cubes.
- Mix gently to coat them with marinade. Cover them with a plastic wrap or a lid and place in the refrigerator for around 25-30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Saute marinated paneer stuff 5 to 7 minutes over medium flame.
- Turn off the flame, add lemon juice and mix well. Paneer tikka, which will be used as stuffing, is ready.
- Prepare the mint coriander chutney by following the recipe.
- Cut onion, cabbage, carrot into thin slices and sprinkle a little bit of chaat masala, mango powder and chilli powder and salt over it.
Directions for Paneer Kathi Roll:
- Take one chapati and spread 1-2 teaspoons green mint chutney evenly over it. If chapati is not hot, re-heat on pan for few seconds before making the roll.
- Put one portion of filling in the center and spread it lengthwise.
- Add some kathi roll filling and mint chutney on top.
- Wrap the filling tightly with chapati and make a roll.
- Wrap the roll halfway with greese proof paper and serve with mint chutney.