Gobi Manchurian is a yummy vegetarian delight from the Indo Chinese Recipe. Cauliflower is probably the one veggie I cannot get bored of, irrespective of how many ever times I eat.
To make this Cauliflower known as Gobi in Indian language is deep fried and tossed in vegetables and sweet, sour and hot Manchurian sauces - makes this Gobi Manchurian a complete dish, and brings in an explosion of flavors in your mouth, you simply can’t stop eating it.
This delicious crisp fried appetizer makes its appearance everywhere in street stalls, restaurants and even in parties.
- ½ cup maida / plain flour / refined flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste / adrak-lasun ki paste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- water as required to prepare batter
- 2 cups gobi / cauliflower florets - boiled 1 minute
- oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic / lasun finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onions finely chopped
- Capsicum(red, yellow) sliced
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- ½ tsp pepper crushed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt to taste
For cornflour water:
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup water
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take maida and corn flour and add ginger garlic paste, chili powder, salt and soy sauce.
- Add water as required and make a smooth batter.
- Now add in boiled gobi florets to batter , mix them all together and deep fry each floret in hot oil till they turn golden brown.
- Drain off the gobi over a kitchen towel to remove excess oil. keep aside.
- In a large pan heat oil and saute garlic on high flame and add spring onion, capsicum. Fry for 1 min and add chili sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, crushed pepper and salt.
- Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add corn flour water and stir well till they turn translucent now add add fried gobi.
- Mix gently making sure the sauce has coated well uniformly.
- Finally, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions green.