Serve as: Lunch or dinner
Schezwan Noodles is the very famous IndoChinese dish served at fast food centers all over India.Its a very quick and easy recipe because it requires very less skills and can be made within 10 minutes, also making it fast cooking recipe.
Here, I have a recipe for the ever favorite Veg Schezwan Noodles that never fail to satisfy our souls and fill our tummies with contentment.
Long, soft noodles tossed and sautéed in spicy sauces and vegetables like peppers, carrot, chillies and more, it is a treat to your taste buds.
It just takes a few minutes of preparation to make these Schezwan Noodles and while the water is boiling for the noddles, you can do all the prep during that time.
The addition of coriander gives it a very restaurant like taste and now with this recipe, the same taste can be achieved at home.
I will show how to make Schezwan Sauce at home in my next article.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2-3 people
- 150 g Plain Noodles
- 4 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Chilli Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Sliced
- 6-8 Garlic Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Chopped
- 3/4 cup Capsicum chopped (Green / Red)
- 1/2 cup Carrot chopped
- 4 tbsp Schezwan sauce
- 2 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion Chopped
- Heat 7 cups of water in a large and wide pan - when the water comes to boil, add 3 tsp sesame oil and add noodles to it.
- Cook until the noodles are done.
- Immediately strain the noodles and put them in cold water. Strain and apply 2 tsp of oil all over them so that they doesn't stick together.
- Heat rest of the oil in a pan.
- When oil becomes hot, add onion and garlic. Saute on high flame for 30 secs.
- Add capsicum and carrots and saute on high flame for 2 mins. Veggies should remain crispy.
- Add noodles on high flame itself - add schezwan sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and salt to it.
- You can adjust the quantity of schezwan sauce according to the spiciness required.
- Toss everything very well. Noodles should get heated up nicely.
- Switch off the flame and add spring onion, coriander and mix well.
- Add some extra chilly oil in the end for extra flavour.
- Serve hot.