Mint is a fragrant herb used in indian cuisine in different ways. this simple and easy pulao recipe has mint in it.
besides mint leaves some coriander leaves, coconut, onion, green chilies and whole spices are also added.
Thus the final result is a spicy flavored green colored pudina rice with lovely flavors and tasty very good. its not only tasty but also healthy.
Mint pulao can be easily served for lunch or dinner. it is typically served with plain yogurt or even with onion tomato raita.
Best served as
Prep: 15.00 minutes
Cook: 30.00 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Serves 2-4 people
- Fistful of mint leaves / pudina
- Fistful of coriander leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 green chilli
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp coconut fresh / desiccated
- ¼ cup water
- 1-2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- ½ tsp black pepper - crushed
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 6 cloves / lavang
- 2 star anise
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 10 cashews cut half
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked 20 minutes
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
Pudina masala paste recipe:
- Firstly, in a small blender take pudina and coriander leaves.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chilli.
- Then add few slices of onions and coconut then add water and blend to smooth paste.
Pressure cooking pulao recipe:
- Firstly in a cooker heat ghee, add cumin seeds and other spices(black pepper, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, star anise)
- Saute them on medium flame till they turn aromatic.
- Further, add cashews and saute till they turn golden brown. Also add sliced onions and saut
- Further, add prepared masala paste and saute.
- then add soaked basmati rice.
- saute them gently without breaking the grains.
- Then add 2 cups of water and further add salt to taste.
- Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Finally, serve hot pudina pulao with plan curd