Cuisine: South Indian
Serve as: Snack
Sago pearl khichidi is one of most widely preferred and delicious Indian breakfast and fasting food for festivals.It can be prepared using two types of sabudana, large and small. (I used large sago).
Beautiful tender sabudana khichidi coated with crunchy roasted peanuts and sauteed with grated potatoes using spices with generous squeeze of lemon.
A true humble meal for all ages - can enjoy any time of the day...!!!
Prep: 240 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 255 minutes
Quantity: Serves 2 people
- Sago 1 1/2 cups
- Green chillies 4-5 chopped
- Potato 1 medium
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Curry leaves 1-2 sprigs
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Wash sabudana two to three times and then soak in one-cup water for 3 - 4 hours. Sabudana grains should be separate and moist.
- Roast peanuts on a hot griddle, peel off the skin and then grind coarsely.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and chopped green chillies. When cumin seeds crackle add the potato cubes.
- Cook till the potatoes are done. Add sabudana and ground peanuts, saute for 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Sprinkle a little water, add salt and lime juice. Mix well. Remove from heat. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.