Cuisine: South Indian
Serve as: Snack
Rava dosa is a popular south indian dosa breakfast recipe. basically, it is prepared with combination of semolina and other flours. they are very thin, crispy, tasty and spicy dosa with addition of onion, ginger, chilli and coriander leaves. the batter of rava dosa is very watery and should of flowing consistency. so you can easily pour the batter to dosa tava. else your dosa will not be crispy and thin.
Dosa’s are always favorite breakfast recipe in my house. probably, most of our weekend starts with dosa recipes. out of all dosa recipes, my personal favorite is rava dosa recipe. perhaps, because it is instant, easy, crispy and more importantly very tasty.
This instant version is super yummy and gives you perfect dosa everytime
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
Quantity: 20 servings
- 1 cup bombay rava / suji / semolina
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup maida / all purpose flour
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger finely chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- few coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 cumin seeds / jeera
- oil for roasting dosa
- salt to taste
- water as required
- In a mixing bowl, combine rava, rice flour, maida flour and cumin seeds, salt, finely chopped onion, coriander leaves, curry leaves and chilli.
- Mix the ingredients with a cup of water. make sure there are no lumps formed.
- Add more water to adjust the consistency of the batter. it should be watery like neer dosa batter. else the dosa will not be crisp. keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the tava or non-stick pan and spread 1 or 2 tsp oil. if using non-stick pan then no need to spread oil.
- Pour batter from the edges towards the center.
- Sprinkle ½ or 1 tsp of oil from the top.
- Let the base turn crispy golden. keep on medium flame to cook.
- Serve the dosa. no need to roast on other side.